- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Biloxi bakery celebrates 90 years
Question of the Day
BILOXI, Miss. (AP) - A popular Gulf Coast bakery is celebrating 90 years in business.
The Electrik Maid Bake Shop first opened its doors on Howard Avenue in downtown Biloxi in 1924.
The family-owned shop been passed down for four generations. Nona Balius, mother of the current owner still works at the Electrik Maid. She tells WLOX TV (http://bit.ly/PglJCj) that the key to a successful nine-decade run was not worrying about keeping up with changing trends.
Balius said her father-in-law passed a bit of philosophy down, along with the family business.
“My father-in-law always said, if you please your customers and put good, quality, food out, they’ll always come back,” said Balius.
The family tradition is alive on the other customers’ side of the counter as well.
Julie Capuano told WLOX she has been bringing her family to the shop for as long as she can remember. Now, when her grown daughters come home for Easter weekend, the family returns for treats from the venerable Gulf Coast shop.
“It’s always been good. It doesn’t seem to have changed at all,” said Julie Capuano.
Information from: WLOX-TV, http://www.wlox.com
TWT Video Picks
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors