- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Fairbanks takes 2nd look at rejected contract
Question of the Day
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) - The Fairbanks City Council will reconsider a union contract proposal it rejected last month.
The three-year contract with city office workers and managers includes a 2.5 percent pay and benefit increase this year and a 2 percent raises over each of the next two years.
The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports (http://is.gd/RdL2ph ) the council rejected the contract last month, but will take another look Monday.
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers is one of four unions that have contracts with the city. The 42 city workers organized under IBEW include mostly City Hall office workers, including departmental heads and administrative assistants.
An official with IBEW Local 1547 tells the newspaper the city administration agreed to put it up for another vote after further discussions with the union.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors