- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Rangers top White Sox 12-0 in Perez’s 1st shutout
Question of the Day
Paulino had to endure the first seven-run inning in the majors this season with no sign of help in the third because the Chicago bullpen was just two days removed from a 6-4 loss in 14 innings against Boston.
Martin’s triple into the right-field corner brought in two, and Chirinos sent one just over the 14-foot wall in left field for a 6-0 lead. Rios had a two-run single, and Fielder brought him home with a double off Paulino, who also had a walk, a hit batter and two wild pitches in the inning.
When Kouzmanoff lined out to end the third, White Sox reliever Zach Putnam had just started warming up. Putnam replaced Paulino in the fourth after a two-out homer by Martin and Chirinos‘ third hit, a single to right.
“At that point, after two nights ago, somebody’s got to buck up and wear it,” manager Robin Ventura said. “If you get in a mess like that, you’re the guy that has to stay in and take it.”
NOTES: Washington said 3B Adrian Beltre (strained quadriceps) would likely play next Friday at Seattle, the first game after he’s eligible to come off the disabled list. … Paulino, trying to come back from elbow ligament-replacement surgery in 2012, has allowed 35 hits and 23 earned runs in 18 1-3 innings over four starts.
Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq