- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Rangers top White Sox 12-0 in Perez’s 1st shutout
Question of the Day
Paulino had to endure the first seven-run inning in the majors this season with no sign of help in the third because the Chicago bullpen was just two days removed from a 6-4 loss in 14 innings against Boston.
Martin’s triple into the right-field corner brought in two, and Chirinos sent one just over the 14-foot wall in left field for a 6-0 lead. Rios had a two-run single, and Fielder brought him home with a double off Paulino, who also had a walk, a hit batter and two wild pitches in the inning.
When Kouzmanoff lined out to end the third, White Sox reliever Zach Putnam had just started warming up. Putnam replaced Paulino in the fourth after a two-out homer by Martin and Chirinos‘ third hit, a single to right.
“At that point, after two nights ago, somebody’s got to buck up and wear it,” manager Robin Ventura said. “If you get in a mess like that, you’re the guy that has to stay in and take it.”
NOTES: Washington said 3B Adrian Beltre (strained quadriceps) would likely play next Friday at Seattle, the first game after he’s eligible to come off the disabled list. … Paulino, trying to come back from elbow ligament-replacement surgery in 2012, has allowed 35 hits and 23 earned runs in 18 1-3 innings over four starts.
Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors