- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Maine Legislature overrides LePage vetoes
Question of the Day
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - The Maine Senate has followed the actions of the House to overturn two of Republican Gov. Paul LePage’s vetoes.
The Democratic-led House and Senate overturned LePage’s veto of a bill Wednesday creating a study group aimed at strengthening laws to protect children from abuse and neglect. LePage said the Department of Health and Human Services already volunteered to do that.
The Legislature also supported a bill allowing elected officials to visit a medical marijuana grow site or dispensary. LePage raised concerns about the bill applying to officials who have no legislative authority over medical marijuana issues, like town road commissioners.
The House also overturned the veto of a bill creating an advisory council on transportation issues, which LePage called “unnecessary and unwieldy.”
The Senate didn’t take action on that bill.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors