- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Joss Whedon releasing film for digital download
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Joss Whedon is releasing a film he wrote as a $5 digital download, bypassing the normal channels of independent film distribution.
In a video announcement Sunday following the premiere of the supernatural romance “In Your Eyes” at the Tribeca Film Festival, Whedon says the film will immediately be released online via Vimeo On Demand and InYourEyesMovie.com.
The film stars Zoe Kazan and Michael Stahl-David. Whedon penned and produced it.
The release will be the second film release for Whedon’s “micro studio” Bellwether Productions, following last year’s adaptation of Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing.”
Whedon has experimented previously with digital releases. His 2008 miniseries “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” was among the first high-profile Web series.
Whedon currently is working on the “Avengers” sequel “Age of Ultron,” to be released next year.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Brooklyn Bridge surrenders: White flags replace Old Glory atop icon
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq