- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
MSNBC hosts slam Michelle Obama critics as ‘lame,’ ‘asinine’
Question of the Day
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski took shots Monday at the students of a Topeka, Kan., high school who are petitioning to keep first lady Michelle Obama from speaking at their graduation ceremony.
Students and their families complained that the first lady's presence might overshadow the students on their big day, as well as negatively impact the limited number of seats available.
As Mr. Scarborough explained, Mrs. Obama's appearance is tied to the 60th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education, which outlawed segregation in schools.
"Wow, that's lame," Miss Brzezinski opined of the petition.
"I have got to say, if you have the opportunity to have the first lady of the United States come out and speak at your high school graduation, keep those concerns to yourself. That is asinine," Mr. Scarborough said.
The two shook their heads in disbelief, calling the first lady's visit "historical" and "symbolic."
"That is absolutely unbelievable. Wow," Mr. Scarborough added.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was 'bias motivated,' police say
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Newly rehabbed Rob Ford knocks back 5 espressos in one sitting
- Iran's Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are 'tumors derived from the same origin'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors