- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
Mich. court revives scared-to-death case
Question of the Day
DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) - Was an 85-year-old driver literally scared to death?
The Michigan appeals court has revived a lawsuit related to the death of Adbulla Kassem, whose car slammed into the rear of a truck in Dearborn in 2008.
There was no autopsy. But a doctor hired by Kassem’s estate believes he may have died of a heart attack caused by a fear of the upcoming crash.
Wayne County Judge Kathleen MacDonald threw out Dr. Werner Spitz’ opinion as speculation and dismissed the lawsuit against a trucking company, Efficient Hauling Services. But the appeals court last week said the testimony is admissible.
Kassem’s estate claims the crash occurred because a truck bumper in the wrong position blocked tail lights.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq