- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Warriors change plan for new arena
Question of the Day
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - The Golden State Warriors have changed their plans for building a new 18,000-seat venue in San Francisco.
Warriors President and Chief Operating Officer Rick Welts says the team bought a 12-acre site in the city’s Mission Bay neighborhood from the technology company Salesforce.com.
Welts say the deal was signed Saturday night.
The Warriors had previously planned to build on Piers 30-32 just south of the Bay Bridge.
The team hopes to have the new arena finished by the 2018-19 NBA season.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/PocYGi ) that Mayor Ed Lee said in a statement Monday that the new location will be generate new jobs and millions of dollars in tax revenue for the city.
Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world