- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
10 state tour: Tea party bus rolls in the name of liberty - and the midterms
Question of the Day
Tea party organizers have not forgotten the power of the big campaign bus, rolling across the countryside and powered by the grassroots message.
And they’re rolling again. Not one but two major groups - the Tea Party Express and the Tea Party Network - have joined forces and embarked on a two-week heartland tour that take their bodacious vehicle through Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota - all billed as key battleground states.
They call it the “Fighting for Liberty Tour.” Lots of miles, but one message - and one common foe who is Democratic, and from Nevada.
“We are excited to get back out on the road in support of our conservative message of fiscal responsibility, economic growth and limited government. 2014 will be the year we rip the gavel out of Harry Reid’s hand and return it to the people,” declares an exuberant Taylor Budowich, executive director of the Express.
“If we want 2014 to be another 2010 wave election, energizing grassroots conservatives is key,” observes Todd Cefaratti, founder of the Net side of things.
“The only way we stop Harry Reid from continually offering blank checks to Barack Obama is by mobilizing Conservatives to fight the big-government policies that are destroying the fabric of our great nation.”
See the route here
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Paying attention: 85 percent of wary Americans take immigration 'personally'
- Ron Paul giving away a Colt AR-15 in the name of 'freedom'
- John Bolton endorses Scott Brown, the newest 'national security candidate'
- Inside the Beltway: Everybody's hot on the Cold War
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens