- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
La. Tech qb Scotty Young ends football career
Question of the Day
RUSTON, La. (AP) - Louisiana Tech quarterback Scotty Young has elected to forego his final year of eligibility and end his collegiate football career after obtaining his degree from Louisiana Tech University this summer.
School officials say the decision to end his career comes as Young played in seven games making six starts last season for Tech.
Young was 87-for-165 for 733 yards in 2013, his lone season eligible to play for the Bulldogs. He completed four touchdown passes and was intercepted twice throughout the year.
A native of Denton, Texas, Young transferred to Louisiana Tech after two years at Texas Tech where he did not see any game action. He sat out the 2012 season after transferring to Louisiana Tech due to the NCAA Transfer Rule.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq