- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Miss. could give $20M in aid to Cooper Tire
Question of the Day
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Mississippi could borrow $20 million to help Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. update its factory in Tupelo, Miss.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal (http://bit.ly/QFviLW ) reports that Gov. Phil Bryant signed a bond bill Wednesday.
Senate Bill 2975 (http://bit.ly/1prvcHv ) says Cooper would be eligible for $8 million during fiscal year that starts July 1, followed by $6 million in each of the next two years.
David Rumbarger, CEO of the Tupelo-based Community Development Foundation, says government officials and Cooper are working on an agreement to give the Mississippi aid and local tax breaks to the company if it commits to maintaining at least 1,300 jobs and investing $140 million in the Tupelo plant.
Rumbarger says officials hope the agreement will be set by late June.
Cooper is based in Findlay, Ohio.
Information from: Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, http://djournal.com
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq