- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Deal to reopen North Adams emergency room reached
Question of the Day
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) - The emergency room at the recently closed North Adams Regional Hospital could re-open within a month under an agreement reached in court.
A bankruptcy trustee announced in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Springfield on Thursday that Berkshire Health Systems, the parent of Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield, reached a tentative deal to buy the North Adams hospital for an undisclosed sum.
The first step is a 90-day occupancy and use agreement that would allow BMC to open an emergency center in North Adams as soon as May 19, until the purchase agreement is finalized.
North Adams Regional closed on a few days’ notice March 28, citing years of financial struggles.
That left the closest emergency rooms for residents of northern Berkshire County 30 to 40 minutes away in Pittsfield or Bennington, Vt.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world