- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
Question of the Day
PORTLAND, Ore. — Marion County commissioners have given final approval to an order to stop a company from receiving medical waste until procedures are in place to prevent the burning of fetal material to generate power.
While taking the action Thursday, commissioners said they were horrified and disgusted to learn that Covanta Marion was burning abortion waste to generate electricity.
Commissioners Sam Brentano and Janet Carlson made the decision at an emergency hearing. Both strongly oppose abortion rights.
The facility is owned and operated by Covanta in a partnership with the county. It processes 550 tons of municipal solid waste a day, with only a small portion coming from medical sources.
Covanta Marion did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment. The firm did not have a representative at the hearing.
TWT Video Picks
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors