- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
NY slaps $7.5M fine against Ex-BofA CFO Price
Question of the Day
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Bank of America’s former chief financial officer has reached a $7.5 million deal to settle allegations he helped mislead investors about the impact of a 2008 merger with Merrill Lynch.
The settlement, announced by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and filed Friday in state court, also bars Joe L. Price from serving as an officer or director of any public company for 18 months.
BofA bought Merrill in September 2008 at the height of the financial crisis. BofA was seen as a savior of Merrill, which would have likely filed for bankruptcy. But by the time the deal was finalized in January 2009, Merrill’s balance sheet had deteriorated and BofA needed government help.
Price admits no wrongdoing in the settlement. A call to his lawyer was not immediately returned.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world