- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Teen gets nearly 17 years in South Texas wreck
Question of the Day
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - A Mexican teenager has been sentenced to nearly 17 years in prison over a South Texas wreck that killed five immigrants who were in the U.S. illegally.
A federal judge in Corpus Christi on Friday sentenced 19-year-old Manuel Rendon-Lucas to 200 months in prison. Rendon-Lucas in March pleaded guilty to conspiracy to transport illegal immigrants causing serious bodily injury.
Rendon-Lucas was also ordered to pay more than $2.65 million in restitution.
Prosecutors say Rendon-Lucas was fleeing law officers last November in Brooks County when the SUV he was driving hit a construction barrier and smashed into a tree. Five passengers died. Ten others in the vehicle, including Rendon-Lucas, were injured. Some remain paralyzed.
Investigators believe Rendon-Lucas was smuggling the immigrants from a McAllen home to Houston.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq