- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
AAA Mid-Atlantic: NJ gas prices rise sharply
Question of the Day
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - Motorists are seeing sharply higher prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline in the state on Friday was $3.53, up 8 cents from last week. That’s also much higher than the price from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.29.
The national average price was $3.69, up 3 cents from last week. That’s much higher than the national average from a year ago, when motorists were paying $3.51.
Analysts say the rising prices are due in part to higher crude oil prices spurred by ongoing tensions in the Ukraine.
TWT Video Picks
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq