- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
Yankees add RHP Chris Leroux, send down RHP Greene
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Yankees have promoted right-hander Chris Leroux from Triple-A and optioned Shane Greene to the minors.
The Yankees made the moves before Saturday's game against the Los Angeles Angels. The Angels routed the Yankees 13-1 on Friday night.
The 30-year-old Leroux has pitched 63 games for Pittsburgh and the Marlins in the past five seasons. He was 0-2 for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre this year before the Yankees signed him to a major league contract and selected him from the minor league roster.
Greene made his big league debut Thursday at Boston. He allowed three unearned runs while getting one out and walking three.
The Yankees also released minor league lefty Nik Turley and said minor league righty Jose Campos had undergone Tommy John surgery.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq