- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
Marlins lose to Mets 4-0, ending 2-4 trip
Question of the Day
“I kind of saw everything he had, and I think the advantage leans a little more toward my way,” Young said.
Despite the result, Redmond sounded pleased with Koehler’s effort.
“I think he gave us everything he had,” the manager said. “It looked like his command was just off today.”
NOTES: The Marlins said the minor league injury rehabilitation assignment of INF Rafael Furcal has been cut short. On the DL since the start of the season because of a hamstring injury, Furcal spent five games with Class A Jupiter and was playing his fourth game with Double-A Jacksonville when he left due to tightness in his quadriceps after getting hurt running from first to third. … Saltalamacchia was given his 2013 World Series ring by Allard Baird, Boston’s vice president of player personnel. … Christian Yelich went 0 for 11 in the series after entering with a 17-game hitting streak. … Hechavarria ranged behind second from shortstop to slide and grab Eric Young Jr.’s fourth-inning grounder, and then threw to first for the inning’s final out. … Miami hosts Atlanta on Tuesday in the start of a three-game series, featuring a Jose Fernandez-Alex Wood rematch. Last Tuesday, Fernandez (3-1) tied his career high with 14 strikeouts in eight innings as the Marlins won 1-0. Wood (2-3) struck out a career-best 11 for the Braves.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world