- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Report due on intellectually disabled students
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - A Massachusetts task force charged with investigating the status of students in higher education with intellectual disabilities is preparing to release a report at the Statehouse.
The 15-member Task Force on Higher Education for Students with Intellectual Disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder was charged with developing a report on the status of post-secondary education for intellectually disabled students.
The task force, headed by Rep. Tom Sannicandro, an Ashland Democrat, also makes legislative recommendations designed to “enhance and expand inclusive college opportunities for youth and adults” with intellectual disability and autism spectrum disorder throughout the state.
The report is meant to be a roadmap for lawmakers and policymakers on how to provide students and their families’ life-long learning and better post-school outcomes.
The 27-page report will be released Monday.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- KING: "Man-caused disaster" on the southern border
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq