- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop Obama’s subversion of immigration laws
Question of the Day
President Obama is bypassing Congress so he can create laws that he knows will be debated. Now he wants to rewrite the deportation laws (“Subverting immigration laws in the name of reform,” Web, April 25).
Illegal aliens are people who have crossed the border without paperwork authorizing them to be in America. That is the first law they have broken, and just for that they need to be sent back to the countries they came from.
Mr. Obama needs to enforce the immigration laws we already have. I don’t buy that the laws “don’t work.” If they don’t work, it’s because the president and other people in the government do not want to enforce them. When you catch an illegal, and he doesn’t have a reason to be here, he should be deported; end of story. Government doesn’t have the right to ignore our laws.
Mr. Obama needs to go through Congress, and not do things on his own. Also, states should not be making laws so illegals can stay here. Some states are giving illegals benefits such as in-state school tuition rates, driver’s licenses and health care.
Finally, we need to secure our borders. How many times do we need to talk about this? We can’t take care of our legal citizens now. Look how many people are on food stamps and how many are out of jobs. We can’t afford to keep illegals here, too.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- EDITORIAL: Mr. Monkey's business in merry old England
- EDITORIAL: A new witch hunt in Salem
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Mexico's problem is poverty
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ready for a libertarian awakening
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset