- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
NE Pa. mall heads to auction in June
Question of the Day
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - A northeastern Pennsylvania shopping mall goes on the auction block in June.
The (Scranton) Times-Tribune (http://bit.ly/PNLf1P ) reports that the Steamtown Mall will head to a sheriff’s sale on June 10. A list released Monday by the Lackawanna County sheriff’s office indicates that the asking price will be $43.7 million.
Al Boscov, chairman and chief executive of Boscov’s department store, the mall’s sole anchor tenant after Bon-Ton closed in January, has said he is interested in bidding. Attorney Scott Esterbrook said Boscov is still trying to put together financing for the acquisition.
The mall defaulted on a mortgage payment last summer and entered foreclosure March 7. Boscov said at the time that mall occupancy was about 65 percent, but the complex has lost three tenants since then.
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
TWT Video Picks
By Mackubin Thomas Owens
Americans suffer from damage to the fossil-fuel-dependent U.S. economy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world