- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
UCF’s Tyson Summers promoted to def. coordinator
Question of the Day
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - UCF linebackers coach Tyson Summers has been named the Knights new defensive coordinator.
Knights coach George O’Leary announced the promotion on Tuesday.
Summers served as interim defensive coordinator this spring as well as during UCF’s Fiesta Bowl victory in January. In addition to his new duties, Summers will continue to serve as linebackers’ coach, the role he has held since 2012.
The promotion adds stability on the defensive coaching staff.
Summers had been in an interim role since Paul Ferraro left the position shortly after being hired in December. Ferraro replaced Jim Fleming, who was the Knights coordinator during the 2013 regular season before leaving to take the head coaching job at Rhode Island.
UCF opens the 2014 season Aug. 30 in Dublin, Ireland against Penn State.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: 'Emergency plan' launched
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CROWLEY: The good-time president
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Hezbollah in Syria could join fight against Israel
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq