- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
FINALS WATCH: Cal wants to replace ‘one-and-done’
Question of the Day
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - “One-and-done?”
John Calipari has a better catchphrase.
What it is, we’ll have to wait and see.
The Kentucky coach said Thursday at the Final Four that one-and-done has “a bad connotation” and added that “we’re going to break out something new this week to get you guys off this one-and-done so that we can think about in another term, which is trying to help these kids do what they’re trying to do as college students, as where they want their careers to go.”
When approached by The Associated Press after his news conference and asked to elaborate, Calipari said everyone would have to wait until Friday for him to unveil his new motto.
Calipari has five freshmen in his starting lineup, and at least four could be first-round picks in the NBA draft this summer. Since Calipari arrived at Kentucky in 2009, he has had 13 players drafted in the first round, and 11 of those only stayed with the Wildcats one year.
NCAA Finals Watch follows the Final Four games and all the activities surrounding the event as seen by journalists from The Associated Press in North Texas - from the big stadium in Arlington where the games will be played to downtown Dallas. It will be updated throughout the day with breaking news and other items of interest.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq