- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
School finance bills impact KU proposed projects
Question of the Day
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - Kansas House and Senate committees approved bills that address possible funding for a health education building proposed by the University of Kansas.
The Senate Ways and Means Committee approved taking $24 million in funds from a FICA dispute settlement to pay for its school finance plan. The university hoped to use that money to help build the $75 million health education building.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports (http://bit.ly/1eei9yZ ) that the House Appropriations Committee approved a bill that would allow the university to issue $25 million in bonds toward the building.
The bills will go to their respective chambers for consideration.
Another committee proposed using $15 million from the commerce department to give $5 million each to the Kansas Cancer Center, and research at Kansas State University and Wichita State University.
Information from: Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World, http://www.ljworld.com
TWT Video Picks
The Second Amendment applies to the District, too
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq