- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
School finance bills impact KU proposed projects
Question of the Day
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - Kansas House and Senate committees approved bills that address possible funding for a health education building proposed by the University of Kansas.
The Senate Ways and Means Committee approved taking $24 million in funds from a FICA dispute settlement to pay for its school finance plan. The university hoped to use that money to help build the $75 million health education building.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports (http://bit.ly/1eei9yZ ) that the House Appropriations Committee approved a bill that would allow the university to issue $25 million in bonds toward the building.
The bills will go to their respective chambers for consideration.
Another committee proposed using $15 million from the commerce department to give $5 million each to the Kansas Cancer Center, and research at Kansas State University and Wichita State University.
Information from: Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World, http://www.ljworld.com
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors