- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Bowman, McKeever to coach US team at Pan Pacs
Question of the Day
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - Bob Bowman and Teri McKeever will serve as head coaches of the U.S. swimming team at this summer's Pan Pacific Championships in Australia.
Bowman, who coaches Michael Phelps, will oversee the men's team. He has coached the men at three world championships and has been an assistant at three Olympics.
McKeever is the women's coach at California, where she oversees Missy Franklin. McKeever became the first woman to serve as head coach of the U.S. team at an Olympics in 2012. She was an assistant on two Olympic teams and at five world championships.
The Pan Pac meet will be Aug. 21-25 in Gold Coast, Australia. The meet is held every two years featuring the U.S., Australia, Canada and Japan.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Eugenie Bouchard pulls out of D.C.'s Citi Open
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq