- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Firefighter plans to run OC Marathon in full gear
Question of the Day
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) - A firefighter plans to run this weekend’s Orange County Marathon in his work gear - all 45 pounds of it.
Jose Zambrano tells the Orange County Register (http://bit.ly/1meofEc ) he’ll wear his helmet, turnout coat and oxygen tank but he’ll have running shoes instead of fire boots.
Zambrano, who’s 43, is with the El Segundo Fire Department. He started competing in marathons and triathlons two years ago to build endurance.
His 26.2-mile run on Sunday will raise money for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
More than 22,000 runners are expected to take part in the marathon.
Zambrano says to train for such events, he runs 20 miles in his gear at least once a week.
Zambrano says he gets a lot of stares and people often ask: “Where’s the fire?”
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world