- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Holocaust statement too little, too late
Question of the Day
The recent acknowledgment of the Holocaust by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas comes too little and too late, considering his previous statements about the Holocaust and the strings attached to his current mention of it.
Mr. Abbas‘ doctoral thesis at a Moscow university was based on the complete denial of the Holocaust. His current acknowledgment was coupled with the statement of equivalency as to what has happened to the Palestinians during the past 60 years.
His half-hearted denial is based on political expediency. He wants to prevent the withdrawal of funds from the Palestinian Authority owing to the PA’s recent union with Hamas, which continues to press its agenda to destroy Israel.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is right in dismissing Mr. Abbas‘ statements as insufficient in light of the unity government between Fatah and Hamas.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
- EDITORIAL: The food police trying to arrest soda, again
- EDITORIAL: Failing dead veterans, too
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Illegals aren't immigrants; they're thieves
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The danger of cowardice on world stage
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels