- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Alex Ferguson to teach at Harvard Business School
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - After years of giving pointers to football players, Alex Ferguson will pass his knowledge along to executives.
The former Manchester United manager has been hired by Harvard Business School for a long-term position.
He will lecture to senior executives from around the world as part of a new program - “The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports.” The hiring was announced Thursday.
Anita Elberse, a professor of business administration, developed a case study in 2012 involving Ferguson, who retired after the 2012-13 season. Ferguson has participated in Elberse’s classes and called his time at Harvard a “stimulating experience.”
Under Ferguson, United won 13 Premier League titles, the Champions League twice and five FA Cups.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq