- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
Archeologists find prehistoric pieces at ballpark
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Archeologists digging at the construction site for Nashville’s new minor league baseball stadium have unearthed prehistoric deposits that could go back as far as 1150 AD.
State archaeologist Mike Moore told The Tennessean (http://tnne.ws/1pXbcaL ) fire pits and broken pieces of ceramic pans were uncovered at Sulphur Dell. They suggest that the area once held a large workshop where mineral water was boiled to collect salt, a valuable trading commodity.
Moore said this is the first discovery of its kind in the region.
Archaeologist Kevin Smith is director of anthropology at Middle Tennessee State University. He said enough material was excavated to fuel one or two years of research.
The new Nashville Sounds ballpark will be built over archeological site, but not in a way that will damage any remaining artifacts.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq