- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
FINALS WATCH: North with Badgers at Final Four
Question of the Day
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - When Andy North’s beloved Wisconsin Badgers got to their only other NCAA Final Four, they weren’t there long enough for the two-time U.S. Open golf champion to share in the experience.
That was at Indianapolis in 2000, the same weekend North was playing in his first Champions Tour event.
“I did go the weekend before and I was there when they won and cut the nets down to go to the Final Four,” North said Friday. “I had a deal with them that I’d be there Monday if they got to Monday.”
But the Badgers lost to Michigan State in the national semifinals.
North, who lives in Madison and is a good friend of Badgers coach Bo Ryan, is with them for their first Final Four since then. They play Kentucky on Saturday, and with a win could potentially play Florida, where North went to college.
“All I care is that Wisconsin gets to Monday,” he said. “I loved Florida, I loved my experience there. … But I’ve lived my whole life basically in Madison. You get involved in the program and your head coach is one of your best buddies. It’s hard not to get involved, and I jumped in with both feet.”
- Stephen Hawkins - https://twitter.com/hawkaptexas
NCAA Finals Watch follows the Final Four games and all the activities surrounding the event as seen by journalists from The Associated Press in North Texas - from the big stadium in Arlington where the games will be played to downtown Dallas. It will be updated throughout the day with breaking news and other items of interest.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq