- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Italian extradited to US in hose price-fix case
Question of the Day
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - An Italian former executive at a marine hose company has been extradited to the U.S. to face charges in an alleged global price-fixing conspiracy.
Federal prosecutors say Romano Pisciotti was flown from Germany to South Florida and had an initial court appearance on Friday. He did not yet have an attorney. Pisciotti is a former executive at the Italian firm Parker ITR Srl.
Pisciotti is accused of conspiring with others to fix prices for marine hose, which is used to transfer oil between tankers and storage facilities. If convicted, he faces a maximum 10-year prison sentence and a $1 million fine.
Justice Department officials say Pisciotti is the first person extradited to the U.S. in an antitrust case. Five companies and nine people have already been convicted.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors