- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Jeter moves into 8th place on all-time hits list
Question of the Day
TORONTO (AP) - Derek Jeter has taken over sole possession of eighth place on baseball’s career hits list with a single in the fourth inning against the Blue Jays.
The veteran shortstop grounded a one-out hit into right field Sunday, chasing Blue Jays starter Drew Hutchison.
It was the 3,320th hit of Jeter’s career, moving him past Hall of Famer Paul Molitor. Next on the list is Carl Yastrzemski, with 3,419.
One inning earlier, Jeter tied Molitor with a leadoff single, a line drive to right.
Jeter sat out Friday’s series opener then went 0 for 2 with two walks Saturday. His previous hit was an RBI single in the fifth inning of Thursday’s win at Houston.
Jeter entered play Sunday batting .182 with no homers and one RBI in what he has said will be his final season.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq