- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Rangers activate Darvish from DL
Question of the Day
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The Texas Rangers have activated Yu Darvish from the 15-day disabled list to start Sunday’s game against Tampa Bay and optioned right-hander Nick Martinez to Double-A Frisco.
Darvish had been on the DL with neck stiffness. The right-hander made his final spring training start on March 16.
Martinez pitched well in his major league debut Saturday night, allowing three runs and four hits over six innings against the Rays. He was in line for a victory until Tampa Bay scored twice in the eighth off Neal Cotts en route to a 5-4 win.
“He’s going to pitch for the Texas Rangers as we move forward at some point for a long time,” Rangers manager Ron Washington said. “Don’t read anything too much into the fact he’s been sent back down.”
Martinez will pitch either Thursday or Friday for Frisco.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- '50 Shades' movie trailer outrages anti-porn groups
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq