- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Topeka hospital is new partner with Mayo Clinic
Question of the Day
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - A Topeka health care system has become the first in Kansas to join a partnership with Minnesota’s renowned Mayo Clinic.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1jbHLRv ) patients of Stormont-Vail Healthcare can benefit from the expertise of the Mayo Clinic’s doctors without having to travel hundreds of miles.
The Mayo Clinic is a destination for people with unusual and complex medical conditions because of its extensive research. Its Mayo Clinic Care Network was created about three years ago and lets doctors at participating hospitals receive second opinions from Mayo experts within 48 hours.
Stormont-Vail’s partnership took effect April 1, after nearly a year’s work with Mayo officials. Network medical director David Hayes said Mayo looks for hospitals around the country that share its culture and put patients first.
Information from: The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal, http://www.cjonline.com
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq