- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Pot opinion not influenced by Soros
Question of the Day
The Washington Times gives billionaire philanthropist George Soros far too much credit for the growing public support for marijuana-law reform (“George Soros‘ real crusade: Legalizing marijuana in the U.S.,” Web, April 2).
It’s really quite simple: A majority of young adults have personally tried marijuana. In doing so, they have reached the conclusion that our government has been lying about the marijuana plant for decades. Marijuana is not nearly as dangerous (or exciting) as federal government propaganda suggests.
To be fair, Mr. Soros has successfully used his money to leverage support for marijuana-law reform through state ballot initiatives. However, he is by no means personally responsible for the informed opinions of millions of Americans. It’s personal experience, not billionaire philanthropy, that has led a majority of Americans to conclude that marijuana is safer than alcohol and does not merit a criminal justice response.
Common Sense for Drug Policy
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reject any legislation dubbed 'comprehensive'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media are complicit in Hamas' tactics
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gazans should help defeat Hamas
- EDITORIAL: The impeachment trap
- EDITORIAL: Illegal aliens in the shadows? What shadows?
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port