- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Maine’s state of lobster fishery meetings conclude
Question of the Day
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - Maine Department of Marine Resources Commissioner Pat Keliher is holding his last of 12 “State of the Lobster Fishery” meetings.
Keliher is using the meetings to talk with lobster fishery workers about changes and challenges in the industry. He is also presenting the 2013 Lobster Settlement Survey and other scientific monitoring programs.
Department officials said in a statement that the meetings will set the stage for the creation of a fisheries management plan for the lobster fishery.
Monday’s meetings are scheduled to take place at York Village Fire Department at 10 a.m. and Scarborough High School at 3 p.m. The meetings began March 1 in Rockport at the Maine Fishermen’s Forum and took place in nine other communities along the Maine coast in March and April.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world