- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Anderson clinic owner pleads guilty to tax evasion
Question of the Day
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - The former owner of a central Indiana dental clinic has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for not paying more than $850,000 in taxes.
A federal judge ordered the sentence Monday for 57-year-old Sally Metzner of Chesterfield. The Herald Bulletin reports (http://bit.ly/1edAORb ) she pleaded guilty to one count of tax evasion and one count of failure to pay withholding and Social Security taxes.
Metzner said in court the Anderson Dental Center wasn’t doing well financially and that she was having personal problems when she failed to pay the taxes.
Judge Tanya Walton Pratt said Metzner had a history of preparing taxes so she knew what she was doing when didn’t make the tax payments.
Metzner is also facing state charges that she submitting false claims to Medicaid.
Information from: The Herald Bulletin, http://www.theheraldbulletin.com
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq