- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
AP Sources: Panthers agree to deal with DT Cole
Question of the Day
The people spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn’t been made official.
Financial terms were not available.
Cole, 33, started 13 games last season for Carolina’s second-ranked defense and had 15 tackles and one sack. He’s not the type to fill up a stat sheet, with his primary responsibility taking up blockers at the point of attack and providing linebackers freedom to run and make plays.
His best game last season came in a 20-10 win over Miami when he had three tackles and one sack.
It’s unclear if Cole will remain a starter this coming season.
The Panthers drafted Star Lotulelei and Kawaan Short with their first two picks in 2013 and view the duo as the future of their interior defensive line. Lotulelei was a regular starter last season, while Short played in a reserve role.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors