- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Broadcaster’s jailed son accused of hitting inmate
Question of the Day
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - A criminal complaint against the jailed son of a Boston Red Sox broadcaster says he threw hot coffee in a fellow inmate’s face, hit him with a plastic chair and punched him.
Jared Remy is being held without bail after pleading not guilty to fatally stabbing his girlfriend last year. The son of broadcaster Jerry Remy now faces assault charges in the April 3 incident at the Middlesex County jail.
The complaint released Tuesday in Cambridge District Court also alleges Jared Remy planned the attack on the man he believed is a child molester, and called him a homophobic slur.
The man said he didn’t know Remy and they hadn’t quarreled. He was treated for minor injuries.
Remy’s attorney Edward Ryan said he will plead not guilty. Ryan said he is investigating the circumstances.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq