- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
DNR warns of Wisconsin fire danger
Question of the Day
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is warning of wildfire danger in west-central and south-central parts of the state.
The agency says strong winds blowing over dry terrain could rekindle smoldering embers from spring debris burns.
The fire risk is predicted for Tuesday through Thursday. Rain is expected to pass through the area Friday, reducing the risk.
DNR Wildland Fire Specialist Catherine Koele says the area has all the ingredients for fire weather - sustained winds with even stronger gusts, low humidity and warm weather.
Because of the forecast, the DNR is suspending burning permits in some west-central and south-central counties. Residents also should check with local authorities for additional burning restrictions.
Check for fire conditions and burn permit restrictions at http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/ForestFire/restrictions.asp
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq