- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
Grand jury: Ore. officer justified in killing man
Question of the Day
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A grand jury says a Portland police officer was justified in fatally shooting a man in a March 12 gun battle. The man was the prime suspect in the January kidnapping of a woman who escaped her attacker by jumping from a moving vehicle.
The Multnomah County grand jury delivered its decision Monday.
Court records show Swoboda was convicted of bank robbery in 1994 and 2006 and sentenced to nearly six years in prison after the second conviction. In March, a federal indictment charged him in the robberies of three Portland-area banks in late 2013. He was also suspected of robbing a Eugene bank in February.
Romero and two other officers had responded to a 9-1-1 call regarding a suspicious green van.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world