- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
New Rockland jail phones will tape calls
Question of the Day
NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say Rockland County’s jail is getting a new phone system that will have the ability to record inmates’ conversations.
Rockland Sheriff Louis Falco tells the Journal News (http://lohud.us/1g1ny0o ) that the phones at the Eugene J. Grogan Correctional Center will be fully online by fall.
He says the ability to tape inmates’ calls will “enhance our investigative and prosecution abilities.”
Inmates will be informed that their calls may be taped.
Falco says the new system also will raise thousands in revenue.
The Reston, Va.-based Global Tel Link Corp. will pay a minimum of $151,000 annually under a new contract. The county will also get monthly commission checks if revenue exceeds $151,000, up to 63 percent of the total gross revenue.
All the revenue will be used for inmate rehabilitation services.
Information from: The Journal News, http://www.lohud.com
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world