- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
SC Air National Guard back from Mideast deployment
Question of the Day
MCENTIRE JOINT NATIONAL GUARD BASE, S.C. (AP) - More than 200 airmen from the South Carolina Air National Guard have returned home after being deployed for two months in Southwest Asia.
Guard spokesman Senior Master Sgt. Ed Snyder says the 250 airmen are joining family and friends Tuesday at McEntire Joint National Guard Base in Eastover.
The airmen from the 169th Fighter Wing deployed with about a dozen F-16 fighter jets and pilots in February. Their missions included flying support for U.S. ground forces in the region, countering enemy aircraft and suppressing or destroying enemy air defenses.
Snyder says the jets, pilots and maintenance crews are returning to McEntire sometime in the coming week.
The returning airmen arrived aboard a chartered aircraft. Their exact deployment post isn’t being disclosed for security reasons.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq