- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
DEACE: Fabulous Fascism
Question of the Day
After being desensitized to homosexuality by popular culture for the past two decades, the American people were promised by the Left that allowing the sexual revolution to reach its climax wouldn’t change anything. Now that our brave, new world of anything goes has arrived, the American people are beginning to realize this actually threatens to change everything.
Free speech, your own conscience, and religious freedom — rights as old as our republic itself — are now threatened more than ever before. Those God-given rights aren’t being threatened by jihadists or the Redcoats. They’re being threatened by a new fascism that calls itself “tolerance.”
Except it’s tolerance for me, but not for thee.
Many Americans who previously couldn’t care less about the battle to preserve marriage are suddenly waking up and wondering how we’ve managed to find ourselves embarking down this totalitarian path.
How is it the co-founder of Mozilla could be forced out of his own company for donating money to a marriage initiative in California that more than 7 million people voted for 6 years ago?
How is it that Christian business owners are now being compelled by government to do things their religion says is wrong?
Why was the patriarch of “Duck Dynasty,” one of the most popular television series in the country, temporarily taken off the air simply for affirming the birds and the bees?
None of this is happening by accident. In fact this was the plan all along. Read “After the Ball” sometime. It is the manifesto of the new fascism. What you’re witnessing from the “tolerance” mobocracy at the moment is ripped right from its very pages.
Those who pleaded for “tolerance” and demanded “equality” only intended to do so until they acquired supremacy. Then, when they had the advantage, they would make sure their opponents understood that it’s not any fun once the rabbit has the gun. This reconstruction of previously agreed upon terminology and values is always the first step towards totalitarianism, as George Orwell pointed out in “Animal Farm” and “1984.”
A brief history lesson for those wondering how “tolerance” turned into fascism.
When sodomy laws were nullified by controversial Supreme Court precedents like 2003’s Lawrence v. Texas, the Left and the Republican Party’s surrender caucus promised us this was only about consenting adults’ private behavior, and this wouldn’t lead to a fight over marriage. But that’s exactly what it did.
While we were winning the fight to preserve marriage in 31 of the 35 states it was contested, the Left and the Republican Party’s surrender caucus promised us that redefining marriage and granting new rights based on behavior wouldn’t cost anybody their previously acknowledged God-given rights.
But that’s exactly what it’s doing, as it was intended to do. Statists are cheering on the fascism because their ultimate goal has always been to silence the church in America, for it’s the church that preaches the sovereignty of God and not government.
See, Christians didn’t just fight to defend the definition of marriage because they believe homosexuality is a sin, which is true. Christians also believe adultery is a sin, but there is no organized Christian effort to criminalize it. Why? Because adulterers don’t have a political lobby demanding you change your values to accept theirs, and teach your children the same.
Furthermore, we didn’t just fight to defend marriage because the natural human family is what’s best for children, which is true. We also fought to defend the definition of marriage because we knew redefining it could cost us our rights to call out sin and preach the salvation offered through Jesus Christ, and also define right from wrong in a culture spiraling out of control. Because that is exactly what has happened in every other country that has already gone down this road.
About the Author
Steve Deace’s nationally-syndicated radio show airs coast-to-coast each weeknight from 9-Midnight eastern, including many of the Salem Radio Network’s top conservative talk stations in markets like New York City, Houston, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Minneapolis. His radio program has been featured in major media such as Fox News, CBS News, ABC News, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times, ...
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq