- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Man burned in suspected Malibu home drug lab blast
Question of the Day
MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a 25-year-old man was airlifted to a hospital with burns following an explosion during a suspected drug manufacturing process at a house in Malibu.
The Los Angeles Times reports (http://lat.ms/1sAb5pT) arriving firefighters found the home fully engulfed in flames Tuesday evening.
Sheriff’s Sgt. Fray Lupian says an initial investigation of the burned-out structure uncovered hash oil at the residence.
Hash oil, also known as honey oil, is a potent marijuana byproduct extracted with butane from parts of the plant that are often discarded.
Lupian says the man, who was not immediately identified, would likely be arrested on drug-related charges after recovering.
Last month two men were critically burned in similar explosions at a house in Commerce. A hash oil extraction laboratory was found inside the house.
Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world