- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Ohio energy group opposes lifting Ohio targets
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Ohio alternative energy producers are fighting a new Senate proposal to halt the phase-in of Ohio’s clean- and advanced-energy targets.
Ohio Advanced Energy Economy members said Wednesday that legislation introduced last month would devastate solar and wind companies that have emerged since Ohio’s standards were put in place in 2008.
Senate Public Utilities Chairman Bill Seitz (syts), a Cincinnati Republican, has said it’s time to reconsider Ohio’s benchmarks.
A bill effectively repealing the 2008 law repeatedly stalled last year. The law requires utilities to produce 12.5 percent of their energy from renewable sources and another 12.5 percent from advanced sources by 2025. It’s been called the “25 by ‘25” standard.
The latest bill proposes freezing targets at 2014 levels. That would halt percentage increases scheduled to continue for another decade.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq