- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Oil company fined for failing to report production
Question of the Day
ARTESIA, N.M. (AP) - The federal government is fining an Artesia oil man more than $700,000 for failing to submit reports on production on its federal leases in New Mexico.
The Department of the Interior’s Office of Natural Resources Revenue said Tuesday it has assessed Louis Fulton, doing business as C.F.M. Oil Company , a $717,136 civil penalty.
ONRR Director Greg Gould says it’s unacceptable for energy companies to fail to report production. He says accurate and timely information concerning oil and gas production from federal leases is essential for ensuring American taxpayer assets are protected.
The agency says it sent the oil company a notice of noncompliance a year ago.
A phone listed to the company went unanswered Tuesday.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq