- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
Police union: ‘Foolish actions’ killed NYC officer
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The head of New York City’s largest police union is condemning the “foolish actions” that allegedly led to the death of an officer responding to a Brooklyn fire.
A teenager has been charged with assault, arson and reckless endangerment in connection with Sunday’s fire. Police say the 16 year old set the fire out of boredom.
Officer Dennis Guerra died Wednesday morning.
The 38-year-old Guerra and his partner, Rosa Rodriguez, were overcome by carbon monoxide and smoke after responding to a mattress fire at the residential building.
Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch says he prays young people who hear of Guerra’s passing learn “there are deadly consequences that result from foolish actions.”
Lynch called Guerra a “hero.”
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq