- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
U.S. repeating mistakes in Ukraine, Sen. Bob Corker says
Question of the Day
Sen. Bob Corker, Tennessee Republican, said Wednesday he’s concerned America will be too late in responding to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, repeating mistakes made in handling the crisis in Syria.
“I think people are concerned we began in Syria a day late and a dime short. We never put a policy in place,” he said on MSNBC. “I think there are a lot of concerns that the same thing is playing out now in Ukraine.”
He said the lack of U.S. response in both situations could allow things to fester until they become a much bigger problem.
“We’ve directly asked for an in-depth briefing, which you would think the Foreign Relations Committee would’ve had a while ago,” he said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jacqueline Klimas covers Capitol Hill for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lawmakers to vote on $17 billion VA compromise bill
- Pelosi: Obama's leadership on Israel is 'strong'
- Bernard Sanders, Jeff Miller to announce VA reform deal
- Netanyahu: We must defend our own people
- Libya now nation at risk with weak U.S. influence; embassy closes as chaos grows
Latest Blog Entries
- Miss. GOP chair: Huckabee distracting from GOP's reasonable pro-life stance
- Commerce Secretary 'optimistic' about U.S.'s economic standing worldwide
- Less than half of registered voters would re-elect their congressman, poll finds
- Half of registered voters in Va. would re-elect Sen. Mark Warner
- 2013 was second most polarizing year of Obama's presidency
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq