- Associated Press - Friday, December 26, 2014

NEWARK, Del. (AP) - Officials say a man has been injured in a house fire in Newark.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office says firefighters were called to the unit block of Octave Court around 12:30 a.m. Thursday for a report of a house on fire. Firefighters arrived and found flames engulfing the home.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office says a 68-year-old male resident of the home was taken to a hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and is listed in serious condition.

Authorities say electrical wiring failed and ignited the wooden structural framing of the house.

The Fire Marshal’s Officer say the home had smoke alarms but the batteries failed.

Officials estimate the fire did $75,000 in damage.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide